Monday, September 27, 2010

Piano and Voice Newsletter October 2010

Well, things are going wonderfully so far. I love every single student and it makes my day more fun to see them. We are moving along nicely. Most students have all of their books and that is really great.

A few notes: I need the Registration paper and signed back page of the student handbook from some of you still. Let me explain why they are so important: That registration page has your contact information and I need that to let you know if there is any cancellation or an emergency with your student or if we just need to talk. The handbook has some really important policies such as payment information, how and when classes are cancelled and expectations of behavior in my home. I hope all of you have read it already and just need to sign and turn in that last page, but if not, please do so. I have spare copies I will be sending home for you to sign if you haven’t done that already and you can always go to our blog and read and print it from there.

Some of you may have noticed that I am holding firm to separating my home and my lesson area. My family has expressed to me that they need some space during lesson time and I respect that. Please help your children respect that also. If you have siblings who wait for each other they are welcome to bring books or an mp3 player or something quiet to entertain themselves with in my living room. I don’t want anyone to feel this is a specific slam on them because it isn’t, I just need to respect my family and their wishes for while I teach. It also makes it easier for me to conduct lessons with less interruption and that is great for everyone.
This month I would like to start on CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Yay! Please take some time with your student and find a song they would like to play. I will be selecting a song also, but I’d love for them to choose something that works for the holiday (however your family chooses to celebrate it) that they want to play. I would like Christmas songs turned in to me by the 3rd week of October at the latest please. Beginning piano students do not need to do this unless they want to (as in students in their first year of piano with me). Also, not all students will play 2 songs, some will play just one. However, all students will be required to perform at the recital. I’ll get you dates and info as we get closer to December.

At the bottom of this newsletter you will see an invoice for the month. If you ever have any questions, please let me know. You are welcome to call or text me at 227 3200. As of October payments after the 10th will have the late fee applied that is discussed in the student handbook.

Have a great month and thank you for letting me teach your student (or you!). I really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment