Saturday, December 25, 2010

January 2011 Piano Newsletter

Wow, the fall went too quickly!
I have loved teaching your students and I hope they had a wonderful time with me!
Some notes for the holiday season and January:
1. I am available to teach lessons through the break, BUT you have to let me know immediately if I should expect your student. If I don’t hear from you I will not plan on seeing your student for lessons until school starts again in January. I am happy to teach, I just don’t want to be chained to the piano if your student isn’t coming.
2. Some of your students will need new books very soon. If you have a moment maybe take time to see how many pages are left in their books and if it is less than 5 I suggest getting the next book up for them asap. If you have questions, let me know.
3. I know some of you have asked about festival and the long and short of it is this: I charge less than most piano teachers because I don’t do festival or other tournaments. I think they are great and did them myself some years when I was taking lessons. I just haven’t decided to do them yet. If and when I do it would increase my lesson cost because of the additional time and cost it would be for me to have students in festival so I am not planning to do it in the next year or so. I am sorry for an inconvenience there.
4. Now that winter recital is behind us everyone can start looking for spring recital music! I will choose one for each student and they can choose the second song (I will help the newest students with choosing a song). Don’t worry about this too much just yet, we’ll talk about it more in a month or so.
5. I know it is break time, but please remember to practice a little bit!
6. Have a wonderful holiday! I look forward to seeing everyone when school (and therefore lessons) is back in session or sooner if you notify me!

No comments:

Post a Comment